Saturday, October 12, 2013

CELEBRATE ROANOKE


Independent bookstores are wonderful, and if you are ever in Roanoke, TX, you must visit The Book Carriage and Coffee Shop. They have a wonderful selection of unique books and the store has a comfortable loft to curl up with a good book, a cup of coffee and just relax! They have a grand front porch too-I plan on visiting them next summer, just to "get away"!           

 



The skies became a little dark when I arrived at the Book Carriage, but that didn't dampen the children's spirits who came inside for story time! I was able to do two readings. For the first reading we rounded up LOTS of kids and had all the chairs filled, kids were sitting on the stairs to the loft and people were standing in the coffee shop listening! The second reading was a bit more quaint - 3 children a few parents! But, it was a lot of fun! Craft, Food & Children's Game Booths lined Historic Oak Street!

 I wish I had shelves like this!
 Explaining who Muffin is.
 
Talking about Muffin's first book!
 
What's in the corner?
Is it a black and yellow BUMBLBEE?
 
Going to give her a HIGH FIVE for
getting the RHYME!!!!  :)
 
Couldn't make it to CELEBRATE ROANOKE? The kids enjoyed What's In the Corner? A Muffin "Tail" and asked me to read another book, so I read Went Out To Get a Donut
Steven took some video -- so click on the LINK below if you'd like to see me in action!
 
 
 
What kid in Texas wouldn't want this set up
for their birthday party!
A "pretend" rodeo
This is soooooooooooooo cool!
 
Loved this .... this is when I miss not
having a little kid!
 
inviting me to your Author Event during CELEBRATE ROANOKE!
I had a wonderful time.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment