Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bruce Shulkey School Visit

Today I was lucky enough to travel on I20 to Bruce Shulkey Elementary School for their Career Day.

On the way home I realized that I was so BUSY through the day that I forgot to ask one of the teachers to snap some pictures of me talking to the kids. Hopefully I will get some forwarded to me from the school and can add them later .... BUT ... I do have a few shots to share with you. I arrived nice and early and received my Visitor Badge, from Michelle Harris the Counselor and Coordinator of the event. She took me to the Library, where I received my schedule.

As you can see .... my day was packed!!!! The 5th graders came in with questions for a project they are working on. I love sharing with them the writing process and I truly hope I was able to inspire a few to get out there and keep writing. I always enjoy the kids who hold back at the end of the presentation to ask me a question or tell me about something they are working on. Those moments are really cool. There's always a couple kids in each group that do that or ask me to autograph their notebook or a small piece of paper, that truly makes me feel blessed to be able to do what I love.

Lunch was really good, one of the teachers made BBQ, potato salad and beans. There were TONS of desserts available too -- I held back and had a little BBQ (which was wonderful!) and some potato salad which also was really creamy and good!  YUMMO!!!!!

Another great Fort Worth School Library

Here is my area and, I actually sat in the chair this time.
 
This certificate was given to me ... very nice touch!
 
I had a wonderful day and enjoyed each group ....
I hope they had half as much fun as I did.
 
If your school is interested in having me come speak for Career Day or for your Literacy Night, please contact me at  thelifeofbud@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment