Sunday, March 10, 2013

OH ... The Places Authors Go!


 
Being a teacher is wonderful, being an author was always my dream. But being able to debut your newest book at the school in which you teach is surreal. Friday, March 8, I was able to share my passion of writing, with the children at the Manara Academy for Read Across America Day. As I sung my new book, What's In The Corner? A Muffin "Tail" to the children, I so loved watching their faces light up as they tried to figure out what Muffin was intrigued by in the corner! The whole school was involved in this event, doors and hallways of classrooms were decorated, children dressed up all week (some of you were privy to seeing my CRAZY HAIR on Facebook), and the culminating events were Friday-the children started their day by parading through the school dressed as their favorite storybook character.  The middle school students created stations based on Dr. Seuss books and the elementary students were able to make bookmarks & Ooblek, Mr. Lubos' 6th grade crew gave a dramatic reading of Bartholomew and the Ooblek acted out by students and Mr. Lubos, kids made crazy hats, and participated in other activities. The middle school students did a wonderful job planning and decorating! I was honored to be the guest author and talked to kids about being an author and sung my new book! The day was awesome and I hope you enjoy browsing the pictures from Read Across America Day!

                                                           Bartholomew and the Ooblek
Go Dog Go!

One Fish, Two Fish

The Lorax

Hortn Hears a Who

Cat In The Hat

Fox in Socks
You're a mean one
                                                          Mr. Carlson...oops Grinch!

 
 
The debut of What's In The Corner? A Muffin "Tail"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! What a wonderful thing to get such support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school really got into the spirit of Dr. Seuss' Birthday and Read Across America! It was lots of fun and the kids had a great time! I was honored to be a part of it all!

      Delete