Saturday, June 20, 2015

RED DEBUTS!!

It's exciting when one of my new books comes out! A few weeks ago, RED was available at the Azle Book and Music Festival ... but on Thursday, I was able to read it to some Pre-K students for the VERY first time! A first reading always makes me a little nervous!! I was blessed to be asked back by Miss Robin at Robin's Nest Montessori for her Summer Camp Program ... this past week was Author Week.

I met Robin about 4 years ago and I have enjoyed watching her Montessori school grow and change and develop into a wonderful atmosphere for children.  Her new Reggio room is absolutely beautiful and so soothing and a great natural learning environment for kids! If you are looking for a great school and live in the Little Elm area check out Robin's Nest Montessori School.


My new book has many concepts for children to talk about ... In the picture below we are going through the days of the week.
Working on the "Doves" Favorite Color Graph
 
Me writing upside down ... INTENSE!!!  lol!!!!

Signing the Graph!
Colton with his RED book!  Colton has ALL of my books and I've known him for many years now!
 
It was a GREAT DEBUT of Red Goes To Kindergarten
After I left the school I wanted to check out parts of Little Elm to see the flooding from Lake Lewisville.
I pulled over on Eldorado Parkway and saw this little guy ... if anyone knows what kind of bird this is please let me know!


 
Lake Lewisville that over flowed it's banks


 
These pictures made me sad ... Algae and all that stuff floating on the algae is trash .... SAD!

 
 I wish I would have captured it better ... but the algae color was really interesting color green!
 
Now ... onto the Richardson Public Library for their Explorers Club!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment