Wednesday, June 11, 2014

RELAY FOR LIFE


First, I want to thank EVERYONE who donated to help fight cancer! I appreciate all your support ... I received $511.00 in donations, my goal was set at $300 this year--I am humbled by your generosity! The walk was from 1pm - 1am and I walked most of the time -- I did take a break around 4:00pm -- it was SUPER SUNNY AND HOT and stopped again about 6:00pm to eat my Subway Sandwich Steven brought me! But once the sun started to set, I was in full walking mode! I missed my walking buddy from last year -- ASHLEY. But I had a new little walking Buddy this year -- LILLA; my friend Stacie's daughter.

Me & Lilla


I've known LILLA since she was 4 years old and now she is 8! We decided that we are BFF's -- probably because our birthdays are both in January! She truly energized me, we had fun eating snow cones, finding her freebies and just talking! She even got Stacie and I to RUN a lap (if you can call it running!!!)







 The start of the Relay is always exciting -- and I don't know about you ... but I still get goose bumps singing the National Anthem ... we live in a place where we can walk free and proud and raise money for causes that are close to our hearts ...

The Relay is a time to make NEW friends
and it's nice to see that people from a Galaxy Far, Far, Away also are helping
to raise money to help fight cancer here on Earth!

It appears the DJ and I are the only two walking!
Believe it or not .... I'm actually doing the WOBBLE!


 The theme for the Relay was Dr. Seuss  “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
Dr. Seuss, The Lorax    

My most favorite time during the Relay is the Memory Slideshow
and the Luminaria Lap -- I wish we could do more laps in the dark and quiet
It's a time to reflect on the loss of loved ones and is just so peaceful.
It is a beautiful tribute and is a very special time for me.


Our AWESOME - Walk This Way - For A Cure TEAM!
We will continue to WALK until there is a CURE!
Together we raised almost $2500 to help FIGHT CANCER!

THANKS again EVERYONE for your support!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment