Saturday, November 2, 2013

Duncan Public Library

Author's Day ...

Some book events are a joy to drive to - even when I have to get up at the crack of dawn to make sure I'm there on time. Today, November 2, I got up bright and early and set out to Duncan, OK to be a part of the Duncan Public Library Author Day. The drive to Duncan is spectacular - I took LOTS of pictures, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them! I stopped 3 times to take pictures of hawks - each time I began to snap the pics - they flew away! I would swear they were watching me!!!
Highway 81 - The sun just started coming up.

Lazy morning - it was 35 degrees! It felt pretty chilly out

 So cool!

I love trees!

Foggy morning ....
 
Made it to the library ...
Story time was awesome! But, once again I didn't get any pictures!
I truly need to remember to grab the camera and give it to
someone at Story Time!
Stephen Bagley   (click on his name to visit his blog)
haven't seen him in almost 4 years!! He should have a similar
picture of me - taking a picture of him!
 
The Librarian made a beautiful display

Stephen at lunch


Hopefully it won't be another 4 years!!!!
Parting is such sweet sorrow!
 
On the way home I stopped at an antique shop that I have driven by MANY times. Every time I drive by it's closed -- It's either too early or too late. I purchased a super cute MINI cast iron pan for Steven and for me I found this really cool glass jar filled with wooden dominoes. LOVE IT!  I started talking with the owner of the shop and she ended up buying all four of my books! That was a nice ending to my day.

Below is the outside of the antique shop -- they have some really unique things - I will stop there again next time I go to Duncan.

 I pulled over AND ....

 they came to see me!

 aren't they cute!

I saw this old house on the way there and thought it was really interesting!
The blue in the wall looks like glass - I wonder how old it is?
 

This tree was next to the above house
 
Highway 81 is so gorgeous!!! I could have taken a million pictures!
Hope you enjoyed my journey to Duncan and back!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment