Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Passion & Some

Upcoming Events


For those of you who know me, you know that I love gardening. If I could have a house on 5 - 10 acres I'd be a happy camper! But, I live in the city, so I play in the little bit of dirt in my backyard as much as I can. I soon will have a new greenhouse that has REAL WINDOWS, a REAL DOOR, and REAL VENTS! I cannot wait ... but, right now I've got my tomatoes and peppers growing in the raised bed and my strawberry experiment is thriving! This strawberry plant is doing amazing!! It's tripled in size since I planted it Easter weekend!

I have been trying to make the front flower beds Texas(y) since we moved in ... prickly pair cactus are so cool to watch grow and now that they are really well rooted, I've added some Texas wildflowers to the flowerbed. Here is what one of the cacti looked like last summer.


And here is the same plant in which I took a picture of about 15 minutes ago ....

 
Isn't that amazing!!!!!
I planted the wildflower seeds last year and had very minimal flowers.
This year it is really a nice burst of color against the prickly pears.
 
 
Here is one of my other prickly pears ...
I need to finish cleaning the bed and add new mulch ...
hopefully over memorial day weekend it'll be all cleaned up!
I did have some blue bonnets in the flower bed this year, but I kept
forgetting to get a picture!
 
HERE ARE SOME UPCOMING EVENTS
PLEASE STOP BY AND VISIT IF YOU CAN!
 
MAY 10
First State Bank Conference Center
837 E. California Street
Gainesville, TX
9am - 5pm
Meet your favorite Texas/Oklahoma authors and celebrities here at the 2014 WRITERS ROUNDUP and BOOK FEST in historic Gainesville, Texas
 
MAY 17
Merge Community Church
3503 N.W. Loop 820
Lake Worth, TX
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Bring a roll or two of quarters and your friends - win some great prizes
and help raise money for a great cause!
 
JUNE 1
Trinity Park Pavilion - 7th Street
12:00pm - 4:00pm
Come take a stroll along the Trinity with your four-legged friend
and help raise money for our fluffy friends looking for a home
 
JUNE 7
Shreve Memorial Library
424 Texas Street
Shreveport, LA 71101
10:00am - 3:00pm
 
 
FINALLY
I will be walking again this year in the RELAY FOR LIFE
MAY 31 - JUNE 1
1pm - 1am
If you could help - please click the link and DONATE!
THANKS!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment