Saturday, February 1, 2014

ALERT - SHADOW - UPDATE

UPDATE ... So ... SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER!!!!  THAT MEAN OL' GROUNDHOG!

Even though the groundhog is telling us there is 6 more weeks of Winter -- you can celebrate SPRING at the SOKOL GYMNASTICS Spring Craft Show -- I will be there with 40+ other vendors to Celebrate SPRING!

Happy Groundhog's DAY! 

I always think of my Grandma on February 2nd! She was born in 1899 ... can you imagine? She was born in Czechoslovakia and moved here with my Grandpa in the 1920's. Life has changed so much since then! Happy Birthday Baba Demkovich! I miss you!!! Here is a picture of my Grandma and my Grandpa on their wedding day - September 12, 1921. I always wonder why she was sitting down in this picture! I wonder what they were thinking about? And ... I love her dress!

My Grandma shares her birthday with one of those "odd" and silly American traditions. Believe it or not, it has been around even before my Grandma was born .... Groundhog Day! Groundhog Day is a long-celebrated tradition, and first occurred in its current location of Gobbler's Knob in 1887. Punxsutawney Phil's predictions throughout the past century have been found to only have been 39 percent accurate. But that doesn't really seem to matter ... Don't many of you find it fun to wake up on February 2nd and hear if Phil's seen his shadow or not!?  I know many of my friends in Indiana are hoping Phil does not see his shadow! (Hang in there guys ... the humid days of Summer in Indiana will be here before you know it!)  My Kindergarten class voted 12 (Phil will see his shadow), 7 (Phil will not see his shadow). The kids here, in Texas, are hoping for another SNOW day this Winter!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? Will Phil see his shadow tomorrow?  or NOT?




This morning, Muffin saw her Shadow, in an unlikely place ... THE BIG BED ... she will now have 0 weeks of peace on the BIG Bed!

And ... here's hoping Spring really does come on March 21st!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment