Friday, June 21, 2013

Read for Rancho ....

Children's Book Benefit / Fundraiser

On May 16, I was sitting in my living room while the skies around Fort Worth grew ominous ... a spring storm was upon us. But this time was a little different, the TV weatherman was on continuously warning us of impending tornadoes to the west, south, and east of Fort Worth! In Fort Worth, we had a pretty good soaking of rain and some lightening, thunder, small hail and wind, but nothing like the surrounding cities were enduring. We later found out that that one of the tornados was an EF-4 and six people perished. Many tornadoes touched down that day ... many lives were changed ...

When Brandy Herr emailed me a few weeks ago asking if I'd be interested in participating in a Fundraiser for the devastated Rancho Brazos community in Granbury, I immediately said YES! And the next thing was ... WHAT CAN I DO!? I'm going to be reading one of my books along with a few other children's authors (including Brandy) at the event and I'm also working hard on getting things donated for a raffle for the event!

Here is the link to the Facebook Page ... please take a moment to come like the page and show your support:


I'd like to take this opportunity to personally INVITE all my friends in the Fort Worth area to come on out to the Read for Rancho event! It'd be awesome to have your support!

The Fundraiser will be
 Wednesday, July 17, from 5 - 6pm 
 Boys and Girls Club
600 West Bridge Street, Granbury, TX  76048
 
If you are in the area and would like to donate new or gently used children's books for the Community Center please email me at thelifeofbud@aol.com and we'll figure out how you can get the books to me.

If you are an author and would like to donate an autographed copy of your works for the raffle, you can also contact me at thelifeofbud@aol.com and we'll discuss how best to get the donation to me.

Finally, if you are a business and would like to donate a gift card or an item for the raffle -- once again, contact me at thelifeofbud@aol.com

Please pass this information along to anyone you feel may be interested in participating.  I'd also like to thank 96.7 fm WBAP for interviewing Brandy live on the air on Thursday!

Trees damaged by the tornado on May 16, 2013
Taken Thursday, June 20 -- Granbury, TX

Thanks for stopping by and please consider a donation to this devastated community!

No comments:

Post a Comment