Sunday, June 9, 2013

Career Day

Do you remember when you were in Kindergarten? Many people would ask you what you wanted to be when you grew up! The kids at M.G. Ellis Primary School in Fort Worth were asked that question on Thursday, May 30th for their career day .... Pre-schoolers and Kindergarteners donned hats showing the occupations they dream about becoming as adults. I was there with an EMT, nurse, police officer, and many other speakers talking to the kids about future careers. The kids were awesome and I had a wonderful time telling them about being an author and also about illustrating books. I spoke to about 400 kids in about 3 hours! Thank you Carrie Kinzer for inviting me and Mrs. Cordray for allowing me to speak in your beautiful library!

Explaining about illustrations and writing about their
Summer experiences


Every school librarian's DREAM library ....
one that is large and has a stage!
Simply a beautiful space!!!!!


Story time ....


One of the classes! They are so cute!

Their librarian, Mrs. Cordray, gave me her squirrel!!


 Teachers, if you'd like me to come to your school for story time, career day, or a workshop
please contact me at thelifeofbud@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment