Monday, May 6, 2013

SCHOOL VISIT's - SO MUCH FUN!

UPDATED POST ... If you click on the link below you will see ALL the pictures from W.M. Green's Career Week!

http://schools.fwisd.org/green/photogalleries/Pages/CareerWeek2013.aspx


Thank you W.M. Green Elementary!
Jean Belcher, Guidance Counselor at W.M. Green Elementary School in Fort Worth, TX, found my web-site and invited me to speak to over 700 students on Wednesday, May 1 and Friday, May 3, during their Career Week festivities. I talked to the pre-k to 5th grade students about the writing &publishing process, illustrations, how to write stories from real life situations, and shared stories about being an author. The children had great questions and were great backup singers for Went Out To Get a Donut - Came Home With a Muffin! Even the 5th graders were surprised that Muffin wasn't blueberry or bran, but was CANINE! The pre-K students had so much fun trying to figure out What Was In The Corner, that they made me laugh several times while singing to them! They were precious. Thank you to W.M. Green Elementary for the wonderful mug & candies and I hope I inspired several to be authors, illustrators or graphic artists! Thank you for having me .... here are a few pictures from my visit. 
Kindergarten Students - W.M. Green Elementary

What's In the Corner? ... some kids wondered if there was a DONUT in the Corner!

How cool is this! Cattle across the street from the school-love it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment