Saturday, May 2, 2015

Nature is good for the SOUL ...

For those of you that know me ... you know that my husband is in the hospital following an emergency surgery -- today makes day 14 in the hospital .... I've been worried beyond my wildest dreams, scared, stressed, depressed ....  taking in the wonder of Nature has helped my soul ...

I was able to go to the Texas Discovery Gardens with my Kindergarten Students on Wednesday and we released our classroom butterflies on Friday and this morning I repotted a few plants and brought them out of the Greenhouse .... ENJOY the BEAUTY OF NATURE!

Here are a few pics of our Painted Lady Butterflies and Greenhouse Inhabitants!



 A perfect Painted Lady Butterfly!!!!

We had 17 butterflies emerge .... we started with 24 caterpillar!!!
 
Poverty Plant -- started from a cutting and repotted ...

The Poinsettia Plant from Christmas
Put it in the greenhouse in January and it has ALL new green!
Oregano and Rosemary
Can't wait for tomatoes season so I can add these fresh herbs to my homemade sauce!!!
 
Strawberry Plant
 
 
Passion Flower -- already has 2 blooms!!!
 
 
Some beautiful greenery -- 4 plants from Steven's work .... but Steven told me to
bring it home and repot it .... after 10 days in the hospital he wanted the plants to live!
2 of the plants are from one of my children from my Alice In Wonderland production!

 
 
I purchased this beautiful Milkweed plant at the Texas Discovery Gardens ...
I need to get a BIG POT for it and hopefully will repot it tomorrow!
It's already attracting ladybugs .... I can't wait to see the butterfly that visit it!


I love the shape of the buds! and the flowers are so pretty!!!!
 
As you know, I totally love nature and the life cycle .... my newest book -- DAISY ... is in production and I hope it to be released end of 2015/early 2016!!!  And ... DAPHNE is in the final stage of writing and I hope to send it off to the publisher in June!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment