Wednesday, October 29, 2014

GONNA BUY ME A MERCURY

Well if I had money
Tell you what I'd do
I'd go downtown and buy a Mercury or two
Crazy 'bout a Mercury
Lord I'm crazy bout a Mercury
 
I'm gonna buy me a Mercury
And cruise it up and down the road


If you read my blog, you know that a few weeks back my husband googled Mercury Comet's and the Mercury Comet we owned while living in Georgia popped up and it was for sale! We loved that car and were heartbroken when we had to sell it when moving to Massachusetts. We knew the harsh weather up north would take it's toll on the Comet's paint. I've only gotten to ride in her two times since we've brought her home ... but I often sneak into the garage and look at all the cool details that cars lack these days. Here's some of my favorite intricate features of the COMET ....
The front side panel


The original hub-caps

 
The rear tail lights ... so cool!!!!!


The back windshield is amazing!!!!

The steering column ... 

The radio -- which has been updated -- there's a hidden cord to
plug in your iPhone -- or you can play 8-tracks!  lol!!!!
 
 The speedometer

The MERCURY guy on the middle of the steering wheel

The seats and middle glove box

The original engine!

The MERCURY guy on the sides near the back window (he's on both sides!)
 
I LOVE MY MERCURY!!!!!!

2 comments: