Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A TRUE HONOR

When we moved to Monroe, Wisconsin earlier this year, I had no idea how many amazing people I would meet through the Market on the Square Farmers Market.  I've met wonderful vendors, who sell amazing fruits, vegetables and many other wonderful items.  BUT ... I've met some WONDERFUL customers who stop by every time they come to the market to say HI! 


Laila with her A Simpler Time story pumpkins
I met a very sweet family early in the summer -- Mom, Dad, 2 sweet girls and an adorable little boy!  They bought a few of my books and the kids were excited to read them.  A few weeks later, the MOM stopped by and told me how they really enjoyed A Simpler Time.  It really made me happy that they loved this special book of mine!  About three weeks ago they stopped by my booth again and told me about a really cool project that Laila was making for school, using A Simpler Time.

Laila attends Northside Elementary School here is Monroe.  Her school was having a pumpkin decorating contest.  The cool thing about this contest was that the kids were to decorate the pumpkin to look like the character.  But, Laila did much more -- she decorated the pumpkins to tell the story!!!   LAILA picked A Simpler Time ... I'm truly honored. 

Here is her work ... she did a fabulous job!!! 


Laila and A.J.



 from left to right
Tadpoles, fireflies, clover flowers, cloud watching, 4-leaf clovers
 


Why Laila loves A Simpler Time
 
Thank you very much Laila -- you have truly touched me and this is a wonderful tribute to one of my books.  I am so glad you used nature to tell the story of this book that is about spending time in nature and enjoying its beauty.
 
THANK YOU.
 
I hope you all have enjoyed seeing this special tribute to A Simpler Time.
 
If you would like to order a copy of A Simpler Time, please email me at
 

No comments:

Post a Comment